With over 30 years’ experience, Etheringtons Solicitors have a proven track record in providing tactical advice and representation in various contentious and non-contentious employment matters.
Our solicitors adopt a multi-disciplinary approach and work collaboratively with our litigation solicitors and commercial solicitors to provide tailored solutions to a wide range of clients, from individuals to large corporations.
Whether you are a business owner or an employee, our team are well placed to provide advice across a wide range of matters.
We are well experienced in assisting employers and providing advice that is most suitable for the business, including:
- Drafting and reviewing employment contracts;
- Defending workplace disputes, including unfair dismissals, contract disputes and adverse actions claims;
- Breach of contracts and post-employment restraints;
- Managing and advising on employee dismissals;
- Drafting redundancy notices;
- Advising on employer obligations, including modern award analysis and wage calculations; and
- Managing misconduct, discrimination and bullying.
We have extensive experience in providing advice to employees and fighting for their best interests, including:
- Negotiating employment contracts, including restraint of trade clauses;
- Defending poor performance and misconduct allegations and unfair dismissals;
- Defending or negotiating termination or redundancy conditions;
- Recovering unpaid employment entitlements, including overtime, annual leave and superannuation; and
- Discrimination, harassment and bullying claims.
Let us help you
We can help you provide advice and representation in any employment law matter. If you need any assistance contact one of our lawyers at [email protected] or call 02 9963 9800 for a no-obligation discussion and for expert legal advice.
Read our latest articles about Employment Law
Scarlett Johansson sues Walt Disney Co. for damages for intentional interference in her contract with Marvel Studios Scarlett Johansson recently filed a law suit against Walt Disney Co. (Disney) alleging that the studio engaged in the tort of intentional interference...
The Fair Work Commission recently handed down an interesting finding on the issue of dishonesty in the workplace as grounds for dismissal. Whilst the Commission had previously held that dishonest conduct was grounds for dismissal, the recent case discussed in this...
Discussing salaries and remuneration is often a controversial and clandestine topic in the office. However, there has been a recent push towards greater pay transparency to allow for a more equal workplace in light of social and political changes concerning issues,...