With over 30 years’ experience, Etheringtons Solicitors have a proven track record in providing tactical advice and representation in various contentious and non-contentious employment matters.
Our solicitors adopt a multi-disciplinary approach and work collaboratively with our litigation solicitors and commercial solicitors to provide tailored solutions to a wide range of clients, from individuals to large corporations.
Whether you are a business owner or an employee, our team are well placed to provide advice across a wide range of matters.
We are well experienced in assisting employers and providing advice that is most suitable for the business, including:
- Drafting and reviewing employment contracts;
- Defending workplace disputes, including unfair dismissals, contract disputes and adverse actions claims;
- Breach of contracts and post-employment restraints;
- Managing and advising on employee dismissals;
- Drafting redundancy notices;
- Advising on employer obligations, including modern award analysis and wage calculations; and
- Managing misconduct, discrimination and bullying.
We have extensive experience in providing advice to employees and fighting for their best interests, including:
- Negotiating employment contracts, including restraint of trade clauses;
- Defending poor performance and misconduct allegations and unfair dismissals;
- Defending or negotiating termination or redundancy conditions;
- Recovering unpaid employment entitlements, including overtime, annual leave and superannuation; and
- Discrimination, harassment and bullying claims.
Let us help you
We can help you provide advice and representation in any employment law matter. If you need any assistance contact one of our lawyers at [email protected] or call 02 9963 9800 for a no-obligation discussion and for expert legal advice.
Read our latest articles about Employment Law
As NSW and other parts of Australia are plunged into another stay-at-home period due to the Covid-19 outbreak, businesses are once again likely to be feeling the pinch. Whilst many are able to work from home, some employers may look to ask employees to take annual...
In light of the most recent COVID-19 outbreak in Sydney, there is widespread discourse surrounding the vaccine rollout in Australia. Whilst the COVID-19 vaccination is currently voluntary, the NSW Government has recognised there may be future circumstances in which...
Superannuation is a large component of building long-term wealth and retirement planning. Self-managed super funds are becoming increasingly popular as the investment structure for those who prefer greater autonomy and control over how their funds are being invested...