Estelle joined Etheringtons Solicitors in February 2019 as our dispute resolution senior solicitor.
She acts for a broad range of clients across a variety of industries and advises on commercial and contractual disputes as well as estate disputes, employment law and negligence claims.
Estelle has Bachelor degrees in Commerce (Accounting) and Law from the University of New South Wales. She has been a solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW since 2012 and the High Court of Australia since 2015.
Her litigation experience is wide ranging and includes acting for:
- small business owners against a major bank in the Supreme Court relating to unconscionable conduct, trespass and breach of contract
- a medium sized corporation against a former general manager and former directors in the Supreme Court relating to employee misconduct, breach of directors’ duties
- high net worth individuals against their former professional advisers in the Supreme Court relating to negligent tax advice, negligent conduct of litigation and negligent drafting of inter-creditor deeds
- farmers against a farming equipment supplier in the District Court for misrepresentation and misleading and deceptive conduct
- an employee in the Federal Circuit Court relating to misrepresentation of employment relationship as an independent contracting relationship
- a not for profit organisation in defamation proceedings
- employers as well as employees in the Fair Work Commission relating to unfair dismissal claims
- a property developer against a builder relating to incomplete and defective works
- a software developer in the Supreme Court in a contractual and intellectual property litigation
- a defendant in a personal injury claim
Estelle’s experience in cases of varied size and complexity allows her to adapt her approach to reflect the needs of each client. She strongly believes in early resolution of disputes and is committed to achieving practical and commercially viable outcomes.
In addition to her litigation experience, Estelle has experience in commercial, corporate and property law and estate planning, including advising and acting for:
- individuals in property sales and purchases and leases
- charities in property acquisition and development of charitable facilities including advising on stamp duty and land tax exemptions
- corporations on various governance issues
- high net worth clients on estate planning including drafting wills and testamentary trusts
Outside of law, Estelle spends time hiking with her family and dog or reading her favourite novels.
Estelle speaks fluent Korean.